The Whedon fandom is one of the more passionate fandoms out there, and I am not just saying that because I am one of them. Even thought all his shows have been canceled, the fans are as rabid as ever.

There are Whedon-related conventions all over the world, there are charity screenings every year of “Serenity” (technically, I still am keeping my promise to not mention “that show,”) there are loads of Whedon show memorabilia and more keeps coming and there have been fan performances of “Buffy’s” musical episode “Once More, With Feeling” and his Internet sensation “Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog.”

Whedon fans are really supportive too. I know that when I hear that a Whedon alum is in something, I do my best to check it out and support it. I can tell you that as the Whedonverse grows, this is getting harder and harder.

As passionate as the fans are, the stars are even more so. Nathan Fillion (Mal from that show) is the one who is probably the most vocal about his love of everything Whedon. He goes to all sorts of conventions and love the fans as much as they love him. That is what makes me the fan I am. I love what he does and I know I am in the best of company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Blogger Template by Blogcrowds