Spring Break redefined

Is a break really a break if you don’t really take a break? Confused? I can reword that as am I really on spring break if I still have work to do between now and Monday?

Last week I would have been tempted to answer “no” to that question. Now as I sit here in my room taking a break from reading/writing, I have to disagree with past me. It still is a break.

For me, I needed a break from Buffalo more than I break from school. I really just needed a change of scenery. Monday, Tuesday
and Wednesday are really busy for me. I am up for class at 6 a.m. on Monday and Wednesday and on the move until 2ish. On Tuesdays, I get up at 7ish to start copy edit for the paper plus do my work for class the next day. Then I go to the Record office and copy edit some more.

For this week at least, I can sleep in (not that I can, my sleep schedule is set to me being up between 7-8) and take my time to get my work done. I have no other responsibilities. I don’t have to teach, I don’t have to edit, I don’t have to sit in the office waiting for articles to come in so I can edit them and my change of scenery is no longer just the 3rd floor of the library.

So yes, I have a ton to get done by 8 a.m. Monday morning, but nothing else is standing in my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Blogger Template by Blogcrowds