Whats in a name?

I am going to keep this short and sweet because I have a pounding headache (one of the side effects of not eating anything but a bowl of cereal at 6:45 this morning) and I am really tired because of…what else, a lack of sleep.

One of the things that I thought about before I was in a real classroom was how weird it would be to be called Mr. Levy. As cliché as it sounds, but the only person I have thought of as Mr. Levy is my dad.

I have been at camp for 10 years now and they all know me as Matt. I was fine with that. In that context it is OK because it is a much more informal setting. I always thought it would be weird to be called Mr. Levy. I thought it might make me feel old or something like that. But truth be told, it is not so bad.

Here I am three weeks into a twice-a-week classroom visit and I am actually used to it. Maybe it is that I have heard to so often now that it is not foreign sounding to my ears anymore. I actually kind of like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Blogger Template by Blogcrowds