“Avatar: The Last Airbender” is about a land where there are four nations; the Fire nation, the Water nation, the Earth nation and the Air nation. In those nations there are people called Benders. They are able to manipulate the element their nation is named for (Airbenders, Waterbenders, Firebenders and Earthbenders). They lived in peace until the Fire nation attacked. There is one called the Avatar, a master of all the elements who disappeared when the world needed him most. 100 years later, two Water nation members, one of whom is a Waterbender, find a boy frozen in the ice. His name is Ang and he is soon reveled to be the new Avatar.

I avoided it because it is Anime, or Japanese Animation. Granted it was an Americanized version of the popular animation style, but I have never been a big fan of the genre so I never wanted to watch it. After sitting down and giving it a chance, I was really impressed with what I saw. The show is funny, dramatic and action packed. It is not justr a kids show. There is something there that everyone can enjoy.

I just started the second season (there are only three) and it looks to bring more of what the first season had.

Having seen some of the show, I can tell you this one thing; the movie will be crap. Something tells me that is a post for another day…maybe even tomorrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Blogger Template by Blogcrowds