So on Oscar night I went six for nine. It would have been seven of nine if I did not go for the upset in the best supporting actress category. 66 percent is not too shabby. I don’t know what “my heart” was thinking, but it got the wrong choices for best-adapted and original screenplays.

Despite my C average on the picks, it was still a good night. So why is that? Well that over-hyped, over-digitized, “Dances with Wolves” and “Fern Gully” rip off called “Avatar” lost in all the major categories. Best director when to Bigalow and best picture went to “The Hurt Locker.” So all and all it was awesome.

The show itself was pretty good. Hosts Steve Martian and Alec Baldwin did a pretty good job. They were pretty funny and played off one another well. I was happy with most of the results. The only issue I had was the length. It would not have been a problem if I did not have to be up at 6 a.m. this morning. I got very little sleep last night, but was able to get my work done today.

That though has always been their problem. If they bumped the pest picture nominations back down to five and did less of the excessive talking up of the awards, they might get it done in less than 3 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Blogger Template by Blogcrowds