With all three of his shows getting the axe, it seemed unlikely that Whedon would go back to television. Then he sat down to lunch with Eliza Dushku and she convinced him to give it one more try.

That show was “Dollhouse.” As out of the box as his other shows where, “Dollhouse” might have been the furthest out there. At an underground business known as The Dollhouse, anyone with loads of money, can essentially rent human beings or “Dolls.”
I know I already reviewed the show earlier, but this going to be my thoughts on the final season.


Sorry to spoil it, but “Dollhouse” was canceled. At least this time, Fox let him tell his story and finish telling it. One thing I noticed during the final season was that it was clearly for the fans. There was no real attempt to rope in more viewers. The format of Echo being imprinted and sent out on assignments was (mostly) abandoned. The story focused more on Echo and crew taking down the company behind the Dollhouse. It was a great season. The focused storyline made each episode matter and it built to an amazing finale.

I cannot say I was sad that “Dollhouse” was canceled, it was not doing very well in the ratings and I don’t think it lived up to the previous Whedon shows. That being said, it was still better than 95 percent of television shows with much better ratings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Blogger Template by Blogcrowds