Why I Write

Part of the reason why I am doing this is that I am so busy with stuff for school that I have very little time for fun. For me writing is fun. It is part of the reason why I decided to go into journalism. I just like to write. I am more articulate in writing than I am when I speak. There is nothing wrong with that, it just means I am able to from a more intelligent thought when I have more time to think about it.

One of my hopes, now that my career path is teaching, is that I can pass my love of writing on to my future students. For me writing as always been a great form of expression. When I was first handed that highlighter yellow composition notebook, I got my first taste of creating something to be proud of. That feeling still stays with me. All of the sociology papers I wrote in my undergrad I am very proud of. Most of the articles I wrote in my journalism classes/for the Record and internship I am proud of.

It is the idea of creating something that I love. Each time I write, no matter what it is, I start with a blank page and I get to fill it with my thoughts and my opinions. No matter what grade I get, I can only hope I get the chance to get my students as excited about writing as I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Blogger Template by Blogcrowds