"24" suffers with sideplots

I had an idea for what to do for today as I walked home from my copy editing duties, but after doing my homework, I have no idea what it was. So instead, I will talk about “24.”

Being in its eight season, it is no surprise that things are not as good as they have been. It is still miles ahead of season six, but not close to seasons one or three.

Where the show has always struggled with is the non-Jack parts. Kim being stalked by a cougar in season two was the epitome of how low the side stories can get. This season it is getting almost as bad, maybe even worse given where things are headed. The side story in question revolves around Dana Walsh (Katee Sackhoff) and her past coming back to haunt her. Best I can tell, she is not who she says she is, she might have spent time in jail and now her criminal ex-boyfriend or something like that wants her to help him get some money.

It just needs to end. I zone out when they go to that story. Its not that I love the Jack stuff that much, but this side story is just a way to complicate things and nothing more than that.

In season one, the side story of Kim and Jack’s wife Terri had much more of an impact on the main storyline, plus it was interesting to boot. “24” needs to get back to keeping things more Jack centered. All these side characters I just don’t care about.

Not that I am going to stop watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Blogger Template by Blogcrowds