2010 Oscar Predictions

With the Oscars a week away, and a need to get work done today, this was the easiest choice. The Oscars air on Sunday March 7 at 7 p.m. Lets see how I do.

Best Picture:
My Pick: The Hurt Locker. If I really had my way, “Inglorious Basterds” would win, but it is either “Hurt Locker” or “Avatar” and if “Avatar” wins I might have to give up watching movies.

Other Nominees: “The Blind Side,” “District 9,” 
”An Education,” “Precious,” “A Serious Man,” “Up,” “Up in the Air”

Best Director:
My Pick: History has shown that the director who wins will also get a golden statue for their movie, so my pick is Kathryn Bigelow-“The Hurt Locker”

Other Nominees: James Cameron-“Avatar,” Quentin Tarantino-“Inglorious Basterds”
 Lee Daniels-“Precious,”
 Jason Reitman-“Up in the Air.”

Best Actor:
My Pick: The popular choice seems to be Jeff Bridges-“Crazy Heart.” Have not seen the movie, but I have heard plenty of good things about Bridges.


Other Nominees: 
George Clooney-“Up in the Air,”
 Colin Firth-“A Single Man,”
 Morgan Freeman-“Invictus,”
 Jeremy Renner-“The Hurt Locker”

Best Actress:
My Pick: Again, I am going to go with the popular choice, Sandra Bullock-“The Blind Side”

Other Nominees: Helen Mirren-“The Last Station” 
Carey Mulligan-“An Education”
 Gabourey Sidibe,-“Precious’
 Meryl Streep-“Julie and Julia”

Best Supporting Actor:
My Pick: My choice and the popular choice are the one in the same here, Christoph Waltz-“Inglorious Basterds.” He was one of the best bad guys ever in film. If he does not win, it will be a travesty.

Other Nominees: Matt Damon-“Invictus,”
 Woody Harrelson-“The Messenger”
 Christopher Plummer-“The Last Station” 
Stanley Tucci-“The Lovely Bones”


Best Supporting Actress:
My Pick: This one I am not going to get right. Everyone is saying that Mo'nique was great in “Precious.” I did not see the movie, so I have to go with my biggest superise for the year Anna Kendrick-“Up in the Air.” She added so much to the movie and stood toe to toe with the likes of Clooney.

Other Nominees: 
Penelope Cruz-“Nine”
 Vera Farmiga-“Up in the Air,”
 Maggie Gyllenhaal-“Crazy Heart”


Best Animated Feature Film:
My Pick: Pixar has yet to lose when they have a movie nominated in this category so m pick is “Up”

Other Nominees: “Coraline,” 
”Fantastic Mr. Fox,”
 “The Princess and the Frog,”
 “The Secret of Kells.”

Best Original Screenplay:
My Pick: I am going to pick with my heart here and go with “Inglourious Basterds.” No one writes better dialogue scenes than Quentin Tarantino

Other Nominees: “The Hurt Locker,” “The Messenger” 
”A Serious Man,” “Up,”

Best Adapted Screenplay:
My Pick: Another pick from the heart here, “Up in the Air.” It was really well written and it deserves at least one of the major awards.

Other Nominees: “District 9,” “An Education,” “In the Loop,” “Precious”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Blogger Template by Blogcrowds