Last week was one hell of a week for me. Nothing, and I mean nothing, I did went right. I left 90 percent of my assignments at my apartment, I left a presentation I had to do at home and had to race back to get it, it rained as I biked home that day, and I was so overwhelmed, I submitted an assignment that was not finished just because I did not have the time to finish it.

All this is great background for what I did that Friday. I went to a movie. I have not been to the theater since December 2009 when I saw “Avatar.” I have just been so busy that I have not had the time. Well, I made time. I was in for a cheesy movie so “Clash Of The Titans” was the best option.

Sam Wothington stars as Peruses, a demigod who has grown up believing he was human. He soon finds himself caught in a war between gods and man. Zeus (Liem Neeson) is not happy that the humans he created have stopped worshiping the gods.

The gods need the prayers of man to survive just like humans need the gods protection to survive. Zeus enlists the help of his brother Hades (Ralph Finnes) and his pet, The Krackken, to force the humans back into the arms of their gods.
Peruses discovers his birthright and goes on a quest to save humanity from the piety gods.

I wrote a few months back about this movie. I said that because of my history with the subject matter, I was either going to love or hate this movie. Well, to be honest, it was just so-so. The movie felt kind of rushed. There was no time to care about any of the characters that went with Peruses on his mission. I was disappointed by much of the movie. The subject matter had so much they could have pulled from and they squandered it.

One thing, probably the only thing, I loved about the movie was Pegasus. This is a big deal because they completely screwed up his character. First a couple of things; Pegasus was born from the neck of Medusa, he is the last of his kind (winged horse) and he is white. The movie version has him just being there, as one of a group of winged horses and he is black.

Yet, the flying scenes are amazing and made up for it. This is going to sound geeky, but it is exactly what I would have though a flying horse would look and fly like. As geeky as it is to love that a horse runs as he flies, I absolutely loved it and it almost made it worth the $8.

So I did not love this movie like I thought I would. I did not hate it and that is a good thing. One more thought, if you see this movie, do no go to the 3D version. I saw it in 2D because I have heard horrible things about the 3D (that and the theater did not offer it).

7 out of 10
Rated PG-13 for fantasy action violence, some frightening images and brief sensuality
106 min

0 Comments:

Post a Comment