I was going to write something about the finale of “Lost.” In fact, I had a 254 word start a few days ago. Now though, after reading some of the backlash from “The End,” I have some thoughts of my own to share.

One big thing I keep reading is that there are still unanswered questions. My simple, one word response is- “So?” There is nothing wrong with that as far as I am concerned. The show has always had questions surrounding it.

Maybe some expected to have their every question answered by 11:30 p.m. on that finale Sunday. That is why they hated the ending or how the show handled the ending. I went in to Sunday’s finale knowing that there were still going to be questions and I came away loving the ending. I have not watched it again yet, but I just might do so after this, so I might still be in awe of it all, but I doubt it.

I have spent a lot of time thinking about/theorizing with friends/reading about the finale and the show in general. It is an amazing ending and was one I never saw coming, but now feels like it was the perfect ending to the show.

Having everything explained would have been worse ending. I loved that there were things left unsaid. I liked that I still do no completely understand everything. For me, it means that “Lost” will live on. Fans can still talk about and theorize about the show even though all the episodes have aired. When I go back and rewatch the show on DVD, there is a very good chance I will pick up on clues and answers I don’t know at this point.

Think about it. If “Lost” really had provided answers to all the questions it asked, wouldn’t that have been the most un-“Lost” way for the show to end?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment