We now take a break from the reviews to bring a mini-review.

I love watching The History Channel and The Discovery Channel. I could spend hours on just one of those two channels and not get board easily. I have recently been watching “America: The Story of Us” on History and have been really loving it.

The show looks at the events that shaped this country. It is complete with talking heads, reenactments and cheap CGI. Still the content is pretty cool. It started with the first settlers and the Revolutionary War three weeks ago. Last week was the Western exploration and this past Sunday, took us up through the Civil War.

I really like it and it is worth the watch.

My only issue is that some of the talking heads seem less qualified (Sheryl Crow and Michael Strahan?) than others. The talk is more about the American spirit than the facts of the topic discussed.

Check it out Sunday nights at 9 p.m. on History.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment