There has yet to be a Pixar movie that I have not liked. They can do no wrong and this summer they took a huge risk and it paid off. That movie was “WALL-E.” It is over 40 minuets until a human voice is heard yet it is still one of the best Pixar movies.

Wall-E is a robot whose only purpose is to clean up trash. When the earth has become too crowded with people and trash, humans leave and head out into space. There is just one thing they forgot: to shut down WALL-E. Left alone on earth, WALL-E does what he is programmed to do: clean.

Over the years he has developed a personality and started collecting things he found interesting in the trash. One day a ship lands and drops off EVE. This new robot fascinates WALL-E and he falls in love. EVE has been sent to earth to see if it can sustain life.

There is more to it, but I am just going to leave it at that.

I need to say right off that “The Incredibles” is still my favorite Pixar movie, but this came damn close to knocking it down to number two.

The fact that they made this movie as amazing as they did is just proof that Pixar can do no wrong. The movie is made up of sound effects. There are human characters but they make up a small percent of the movie. WALL-E, EVE and the other robots are the stars and they do not speak. With the exception of names and a few various words, it is all sounds.

The movie looks great too. Its movies like these that make me wish I had a Blu Ray player. I can only imagine how it looks in high definition.

How Pixar manages to raise the bar with every movie continues to astonish me. Ever since “Toy Story” they have shown what an animated movie can be. Few movies can even come close to the beauty in story, character and look of a Pixar movie. I do not know what they have in mind for their next project, but I look forward to it with great anticipation.


9 out of 10
98 min
Rated G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment