Summer Movie Preview

By the time you read this, the summer movie season will be officially started. So to prepare you for a summer full of movies, I present initial opinions on each of the big movies coming to the theater.

May 2


“Iron Man”
Robert Downey Jr. was cast perfectly for Tony Stark and if the trailers are any indication, this is just the movie to kick off the summer.

“Made of Honor”
Interesting concept. You know that in the end he is going to get the girl, just like every other romantic comedy.

May 9

“Speed Racer”
I was never a real big fan of the show when I was a kid, but the movie looks visually stunning and that is enough to get me into the theater

“What Happens in Vegas…”
This could be funny, if it were not for Ashton Kutcher. I would see this were it not for Ashton Kutcher. I would probably love it were it not for Ashton Kutcher. Seeing a pattern here?

May 16

“The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian”
Loved the first one, will be in line to see the second one. This one looks amazing and, hopefully will live up to the hype.

May 23

“Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”
Indy returns to the big screen after almost 20 years. How can you not be excited to see it?

May 30

“Sex and the City: The Movie”
Were it not for my XY chromosomes, I might be excited to see this. As it stands I blame this show for all the shallow self-absorbed women in the world.

June 6

“Kung Fu Panda”
At first I was not that excited for this movie, but after watching the trailer a few times, I have to admit that it is growing on me.

“You Don’t Mess With the Zohan”
Why do people still think Adam Sandler is funny?

June 13

“The Incredible Hulk”
Hated the first, but as a huge Ed Norton fan, I will see this. Who knows, it might help revitalize the franchise.

“The Happening”
My hatred of M.Night is well known, but I cannot help but be intrigued by this movie. I like the cast so this will be on my list to check out on DVD or “rent”

June 20

“Get Smart”
Steve Carrell as Maxwell Smart was just perfect casting. This looks absolutely hilarious.

“The Love Guru”
Mike Myers kind of peaked with “Austin Powers” didn’t he?

June 27

“WALL•E”
I love everything Pixar has made with Disney so what are the odds I do not see this?

“Wanted”
When did Angelina Jolie become an action star? Not that I am complaining, she is beautiful and has done a great job in the action heroine roles. This looks like “The Matrix” of assassin movies.

July 4

“Handcock”
Will Smith rules this weekend, this will be a huge movie. It is basiclly a new take on a superhero: a drunken, bum who does not care about the consequences of his actions. Have you ever wondered how much damage a superhero does? This movie is going to do just that.

July 11

“Hellboy II: The Golden Army”
I do not know if this movie needed to be made. “Hellboy” was just alright and was nothing special.

July 18


“The Dark Knight”
I do not need to say anything about this. The name alone should have you wetting your pants with excitement.

“Mamma Mia”
Yes, I like musicals. No I will not be seeing this in the theater.

July 25

“Step Brothers”
I am a big fan of John C. Riley. After “Semi-Pro” I am sick of Will Ferrell. IF I see this ever, it will be because of Riley

“The X-Files: I Want to Believe”
I’ll bet you did not even know this was coming out this summer, did you? I am looking forward to it. I was a fan of the series and the movie so this one cannot be bad in my eyes

August 1

“The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor”
This is not needed, but I still want to see it. I liked the first, tolerated the second and this could be good. Except the absence of Rachel Wiez makes me think this is a horrible mistake.

August 7

“Pineapple Express”
This was the first “red band” trailer I saw in a theater. (Note. A red band trailer is one where there is more cussing, violence, blood and nudity). It looks really funny and could be another hit for the Apatow clan

“The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2”
What? Why? I am all for the girly movies, but this is just going to suck.

August 15

“Tropic Thunder”
Robert Downey Jr playing an actor who gets cosmetic surgery to be a black guy so he can play a black guy in a movie. It looks like it could be funny, but still not sure if it is worth a trip to the theater

August 22

“Bangkok Dangerous”
After watching the trailer I really cannot tell what this is about. Looks like Nick Cage is some kind of assissan who gets involved with someone he has to kill. I will pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment